My friend put it succinctly:
Wisconsin is on the black list for consumer friendly states to live in for those who are sensitive to smart meters and are unable to opt-out due to the lack of smart meter opt out legislation in Wisconsin. There just are no options for Wisconsin citizens and Wisconsin consumers to opt out of smart meters.

Just because the PSC or the utilities close or dismiss a complaint doesn’t mean that the complaint has been resolved adequately or satisfactory for citizens. The PSC complaint process has been unsatisfactory for Wisconsin citizens who need to opt out of smart meters, including medical reasons.
Wisconsin citizens have seen first hand the cruelty of the current system in Wisconsin.
My friend is speaking about what happened last Friday, when the PSC of WI decided my complaint against the Wisconsin Public Service Corporation monopoly for their refusal to accommodate me with a non-transmitting analog gas meter is without merit. They generally dismissed all my input, including my clear references to the Americans with Disabilities Act coverage of Electromagnetic Sensitivity (EMS.) Yet, they did not give specifics, just that they were “not convinced.” Now, if I had been told what was lacking I could have clarified or provided more information. But this process does not give the consumer the chance, since the Commissioners have the last word, and you can only listen to their open meetings. Basically, they are god. And most of our lawmakers are letting them play this role by not moving the opt out bill forward. (AB 345 needs to get a public hearing. Please contact Republican leadership and your state lawmakers about this.)
I did learn during the meeting, which I recorded, that 68 other people had requested to opt out from WPSC transmitting meters since 2010, and all were denied. With so few people wanting or needing opt outs the PSC still seems to relish its power to kick our individual needs in the knees, so to speak. I guess this little god can do that, unchallenged for the moment.
Enough said for now. Excuse me as I break into song:
What would you think if I sang out of tune,
Would you stand up and walk out on me.
Lend me your ears and I’ll sing you a song,
And I’ll try not to sing out of key.
Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm, I’m gonna try with a little help from my friends.
About these ads