Tuesday, June 12, 2012

“Analog” Opt Out Meters Emitting Radiation


“Analog” Opt Out Meters Emitting Radiation

It seems that utility companies just can’t quit their microwave addiction. Unconfirmed, breaking news from San Diego indicates that ‘analog’ meters being offered to customers for sizeable fees as an ‘opt out’ are in fact still emitting microwave radiation. Sue Brinchman, the Director of the Center for Electrosmog Prevention- who has suffered from health effects from the smart meter on her wall, and was relieved when SDG&E was ordered to offer an ‘opt out’ to its customers- posted the video above and reports that her new “analog” meter is still emitting pulses of radiation.
We are receiving other similar reports from around the country.  Residents must exercise due diligence.  We repeat- DO NOT TRUST anything the utilities tell you regarding the safety or emissions of ANY new meters they wish to install on your home or business.  The only way to verify that a meter is safe is to purchase an EMF analyzer yourself or to hire an independent expert.  Even meters that appear to be safe may be hiding a transmitter that can make you sick.  Sadly, any trust that the public had for the utility industry has been completely betrayed by the lies and the fabrications that have been used to sell the smart grid.  Any analog meter accepted from the utility should be subjected to independent testing and analysis, and deconstruction.  The burden to prove that any meter is safe should fall on the reckless utility industry itself rather than ratepayers.
We also have heard that RF is “leaking” onto household wiring and analog meters from adjacent smart meters and data collector unit antennas.  A resident of Monterey CA writes:
I seem to remember taking readings with my RF Field Strength meter of both my electric and natural gas meters before Smart Meter deployment, and not getting anything.
This week, I went out and measured both meters. The electric meter  is registering between .047 to .067 microW/cm2 against the glass, depending on how I orient the gauge.
However, the gas meter at the face is registering from approx. .719 to 1 microW/cm2. The various pipes read some high, and some lower — none as high as next to the part with the little wheels.
This is very strange and alarming. I’ve checked both meters, and don’t immediately see anything new or added, especially to the gas meter. I’m wondering if this is RF coming in on the gas lines, which I understand are made of black iron.
If you have RF gauges and have natural gas meters, would you please check them and see if you also get RF readings?”
Please write in and let us know if you measure any emissions from a meter that appears to be analog on the outside.
We were heartened to hear that the City of Ashland Oregon has approved a no-fee opt out, but unfortunately it appears that their “opt out” is a radio off digital meter- the kind with aswitching mode power supply that has been associated with adverse health consequences.  This is being referred to as a “scam meter.”
In California, Burbank, Glendale and Sacramento Municipal Utility District approved this kind of “option.”  Las Virgenes Municipal Water District in Southern California is also now seeking to get approval for this kind of opt out.  We believe Naperville, IL as well.
DANGER ALERT: More utilities and local governments may start approving or trying to approve this kind of BAD option!  Be aware that they are trying to scam unaware customers.  Meters that use BPL (broadband over power line) that utilities claim are “safer, wired versions” should also NOT be considered safe.  When it comes to your utility, caveat emptor (buyer beware).  Their word is no longer good.
Here is the letter Sue Brinchman wrote to her utility, exasperated at having paid her opt out fee and still being exposed.
Dear SDG&E,
I have received an Elster analog meter that is consistently showing RF emissions of from 0.048 up to 0.200 microwatts per cm2, measured by my TenMars Rf Field Meter (TM-195). This analog replaced the SDG&E smart meter just a little over a week ago. The purpose of using analogs is to avoid RF radiation – and the one I have been given has excessive RF. I note that in the Elster manual for this particular model it is possible to add a radio inside in the field. I am not sure (yet) of the source of the RF emitting from the analog, but I do know that I measured several others (both Elsters) and these did NOT emit the RF radiation like mine.
Therefore I request an ABB meter or GE, out of the box, no special “parts” ordered for mine, as I had been told on the phone was being done. I would like to see the Elster meter disassembled here to check it also for the source of the RF and for SDG&E to come out and test.
The gas “analog” meter also emits RF at the level of 0.035 microwatts per cm2. So does another identical model analog gas meter that another La Mesan has received. This is wrong, as RF is what we want to avoid. That same person’s electric meter, an Elster, measured 0.001 microwatts per cm2, two hundred times less than the one on my home. I still cannot use my bedroom, and this has gone on now for 1.5 years.
I want an analog that does not emit RF for electric AND gas, and the electric analog meter MUST be changed out promptly to the ABB or GE analogs, older models, that I understand people are also receiving. I am CCing Brad McLellan of Channel 10 News, Miriam Raftery of East County Magazine, Ken Stone, Regional Director of the Patch, and will be contacting Michael Turko as well as other media, and my attorney, Martin Homec. I am also Ccing the Administrative Law Judge, Amy Yip-Kikugawa. I understand that the electric meter may be a “hybrid” and I don’t want it.
I realize that I am a Party to the Opt-out Proceeding and have been informing the public about the dangers of smart meters and that SDG&E may not be pleased with that. BUT I do want to be treated equally well and receive a comparable analog meter with no RF’s. A true analog does not have this. I am very sensitive to RF radiation now that the smart meter exposure has occurred and I expect nothing but an analog without it for both gas and electric.
Lastly, I have been told (and had it confirmed by numerous people at SDG&E answering the phones) that I am only allowed to speak with the SDG&E director of the opt-out program, Tessa Howard, no one else is allowed to speak to me at SDG&E This was read from the computer screen. I object to that sort of discriminatory treatment. I wish to be treated according to the law and like any other customer. I am a senior, and a disabled person with multiple medical conditions, in addition, and cannot have my health nor rights continued to be stomped on.
I expect that this situation will be swiftly rectified. I would like to be called immediately to be informed about what actions SDG&E can do to replace these RF-emitting analog meters.
Sincerely,
Susan Brinchman
For whatever reason, utilities feel it is essential to expose as many people as possible to pulsed microwave radiation in their homes- if necessary by deception, subterfuge and trickery- even if someone is paying a hefty fee for the ‘privilege’ of opting out.
Screw this!  It’s time to rise up.

No comments:

Post a Comment