Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Independent and Geoffrey Lean need our help!!!

Hi Everyone,

The Independent and Geoffrey Lean need our help since the industry's lapdogs seem to be posting away on the Independent's Suggestion Blog. I posted the following after others doing the same to counter the disinformation campaign:

http://ios.typepad.com/ios/2007/05/your_suggestion.html#comment-71890504

I would like to thank the Independent and Mr Geoffrey Lean for drawing attention to the dangers of microwaving the planet and the dangers of mobile phones. I developed ME (Myalgic encephalomyelitis) - also known as CFIDS in the USA - two years ago and after six months of being sick every day was finally able to connect it with the fact that I was being heavily radiated with microwaves from two cell phone towers within 300 meters of my apartment and the fact that all my neighbors had WiFi and it was bleeding into my apartment. I noticed that I felt better at night (when less people are using their mobiles) and when I would go to certain places (that had less electrosmog levels). I would also get very strange anxiety attacks at specific times of the day, which I connected with peak cell phone usage times. Finally, I moved into a cabin up in the mountains where there was no cell phone or television reception and within 24 hours roughly 50% of my symptoms disappeared. I stayed up there for four months. As I started to become better my body became extremely sensitive to electromagnetic radiation. I would get near cell phone towers or people with cell phones and would immediately start to feel quite ill. I have done a lot of research on this topic in the past two years and every symptom found in ME/CFIDS can be explained by research done on the effects of microwaves and other EMR on the human (and/or animal) organism. Also, it can very well explain the drastic increase in autism, ADHD, depression,insomnia,leukemia, brain tumors, breast cancer, prostate cancer, other cancers, and heart disease, which have all increased exponentially with the advent of the cell phone.

Moreover, there is a big coverup campaign by the cell phone industry with attacks trying to discredit scientists and reporters who try to inform us about the dangers.

My life was completely destroyed by this technology. I lost my job, I lost my life savings, I lost my social life (since I cannot be around people with cell phones), and I fight every day to stay healthy in a smog of electromagnetic radiation that is depleting my body of its resources.

People who are being made noticably ill or just do not want to live in this electrosmog have a right not to be radiated. We need, deserve, and have a right to live in sanctuaries away from this insanity.


Best regards,

Art KAB

Posted by: Art KAB | June 06, 2007 at 02:21 PM


I urge everyone else who has been likely made ill, has a family member, relative, or friend made ill by this technology or those on our EMF Refugee list to also post your stories, thoughts, and comments.

The Independent blog has been got at by industry! Check out the following anti electro-smog comments which all appeared in sequence last night (!) and send in your own comments.

Please circulate too!

http://ios.typepad.com/ios/2007/05/your_suggestion.html#comments

Lay off with the wi-fi/Q-link pendant/electrosmog mumbo-jumbo.

You run the risk of making Melanie Philips look rational, sane, and balanced by comparison.

Posted by: Don Pedro | June 04, 2007 at 08:22 PM

How about getting a science reporter who knows what they're talking about, and not publishing rubbish about wireless RF killing us, how homoeopathy "works", sales articles for snake oil, etc

Posted by: Jon | June 04, 2007 at 08:43 PM

I absolutely agree with Jon and Don Pedro. Do you have any idea how utterly pathetic you look to anyone who is scientifically literate?

What are you trying to do, become a sort of right-on Daily Mail?

You want suggestions?

1)Get rid of that ridiculous Julia Stephenson – let her peddle her woo-woo somewhere else.

2)Tell Geoffrey Lean to calm down and get a grip.

3)Oh, and pleeeeze, stop being so sanctimonious.

Posted by: Grumpy old scientist | June 04, 2007 at 09:46 PM

Please employ someone who knows the difference between science and pseudoscience.

There should be a sharp distinction between factual reporting and 'lifestyle' articles. The IoS and Independent have begun to blur the line shamefully.

Posted by: Quixotematic | June 04, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Please please please, stop writing about "science" that many of my keystage 3 pupils are able to call out as nonsense.

Posted by: Jut | June 05, 2007 at 04:33 AM

Agree with all the comments about the science reporting here. Not only does your paper lose a lot of credibility, but it makes me adopt the jaded and cycnical view that the journalists writing the articles are overpaid ignorami detracting from the common knowledge of mankind by peddling this ridiculous tripe. Your article on wi-fi seriously wouldn't have looked out of place in the Mail.

Posted by: Wiredchop | June 05, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Completely agree with comments relating to "pseudoscience" that you keep publishing - it is absolute rubbish. Stop printing them. Please.

Posted by: Dan | June 05, 2007 at 11:23 AM

I totally agree with the above comments. The mis-representation of simple science is shameless and unforgiveable. Get your facts straight.

Posted by: JBo | June 05, 2007 at 11:24 AM


Best regards

Art KAB

No comments:

Post a Comment